- 20170418 - 20170502
Working in our Norway office and as a key member of our exploration team, you will add growth to our prospect portfolio by identifying and evaluating profitable opportunities in held and un-held acreage.
Suncor Energy is Canada’s energy company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada’s largest energy company – one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
- Identify, evaluate and promote prospective acreage for licensing rounds and farm-in
- Identify and evaluate prospects in Suncor`s operated and non- operated acreage
- Undertake geological studies and well planning
- Represent Suncor in internal and external meetings
Experience and Education:
- Masters of science in geology or applied geophysics
- Three or more years of experience in exploration
Skills and Knowledge:
- Familiar with the Petrel software tool
- Knowledge of the play concepts of the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Ability to work well in a team but also function autonomously
- You are a creative ‘ideas generator’ with strong problem-solving skills
- You have advanced communication and presentation skills
- Some short visits to our exploration and production functional and operating centers will be required
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life.