Point Resources was formed in early 2016 following the merger of Pure E&P, Core Energy and Spike Exploration. The company newly acquired the operated upstream business of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Norway AS, and on completion of the transaction, the combined company will become one of the top independent oil and gas producers on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (‘NCS’). Production in 2016 from the combined assets was about 60,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd). With an asset portfolio that includes several fields in the development phase, the combined company has the potential to grow its production base organically to over 80,000 boepd by 2022, and will have reserves and contingent resources of about 350 million barrels of oil equivalent.
Point Resources will have a team of approximately 370 employees. The company aims to develop a collaborative culture with the team sharing a diverse range of skills and working hard towards the Company’s vision of becoming a leading player in the NCS.
We are looking for two experienced and motivated Production Geoscientists for our geoscience team in Forus. The person we are looking for has the personality and skills to provide more than expected in a quality and performance focused culture. We believe the right candidate will be highly motivated by the opportunity to be a part of a great performing team working with a diversity of tasks within the geoscience area.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Core member of a development/production team within the Ringhorne/Balder assets
- Perform geological & geophysical data integration for geological 3D models
- Production drillwell planning and execution, including geosteering
- Supports reservoir engineers in the simulation studies
- Acts as a source of guidance to less experienced reservoir geologist
- Act as a core member of cross-functional team in drillwell maturation and execution activities
- Holds an MSc in Geosciences
- 10 years’ experience
- Strong production geoscience experience
- Advanced 3D seismic skills
Knowledge and skills:
- Production Geoscience skills and experience
- Advanced 3D and 4D seismic skills, including quantitative interpretation and integration with reservoir simulation models.
- Drillwell planning experience including geosteering preferably as operator
- Experience working in inter-discipline teams.
- Perform/lead reservoir characterization studies.
- Incorporate 3-D seismic data into 3-D geological models
- Evaluate geological uncertainties in the subsurface
- Perform deterministic and probabilistic volumetrics calculations
- Strong understanding of opportunity maturation process and drillwell planning and execution activities
Søk på flere hos Point: