Are you our new Senior Explorationist?
We are looking for a Senior Explorationist to join our team at MOL Norge AS. You will be part of our Exploration team, which currently comprises of 16 staff members. You will report to the Exploration Manager and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally. Main objective is to contribute to build a best-in-class professional ‘oil finder’ team,in order to identify viable oil and gas prospects in the company’s current and future license portfolio.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an international team of highly motivated and dedicated colleagues, working in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Your future responsibilities
- Carry out regional evaluations as part of a team in one of MOL Norge’s core areas by combining geophysical methods with geological principles. Recommend and manage data acquisitions, special studies and external/internal projects for regional and asset evaluations. Build and maintain company data base.
- Coordinate and participate in the evaluation of new exploration opportunities through licensing round applications.
- Participate in data room visits with interdisciplinary project teams to evaluate farm-in opportunities and new offers.
- Conduct hydrocarbon resource assessments, perform risk analyses and technical economic evaluations, with the aim to recommend prospects for drilling.
- Represent MOL Norge as MC or EC in license committees (both operated and partner licenses). Develop and maintain effective cooperation with JV partners in order to ensure high level asset evaluations. Prepare and evaluate exploration work programs and license budgets.
- Communicate with different organizations of the parent company.
- Prepare internal and external reports and presentations.
- Support MOL Norge’s management with respect of overall control and decision making.
Your profile and background
- Master degree or PhD in geology and/or geophysics.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in exploration from the NCS.
- Experienced user of industry standard G&G software tools.
- Good command of the English language. Knowledge of any Scandinavian languages is an advantage.
- You are a team player with leadership and collaboration skills and willingness to contribute.
- You are flexible, result-oriented and proactive, and take pride in delivering high-quality work.
- You are thorough, well-organized and work well under pressure.
- You have experience from working in a multicultural environment.
About MOL Norge AS
MOL Norge is an exploration company with a portfolio of approximately 20 exploration licenses in the Norwegian North Sea, within three geographical areas: Central Graben South, South Viking Graben and Northern North Sea. We have participated in the drilling of several exploration wells in the North Sea as a non-Operator, and are on the threshold of becoming a drilling Operator, with MOL’s first operated offshore well to spud in license PL860 in October 2018. MOL Norge is developing a new offshore exploration hub and center of excellence in Norway, building on the experience of a strong exploration-focused team on site. MOL Norge AS is a fully owned subsidiary of the MOL Group, a publicly listed company with a strong financial standing.
How to apply?
Please go to MOL Group’s recruitment webpage and upload your CV: https://molgroup.taleo.net/careersection/internal/jobdetail.ftl?job=18001442&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00
Should you have any questions regarding the job content, please contact Henrik Jakobsen on HJakobsen@MOL.hu. For any HR-related questions, please contact Eve Mendel on firstname.lastname@example.org